We recently put on a Sweet Freedom dinner here in Atlanta (more on that later) and one of the snacks served was Chocolate. Almond. Grapes!! Yes, they are as delicious as they sound…and just may be my new favorite fruit! Antioxidants from the chocolate, protein from the nuts… what’s not to love?!? Okay that’s a stretch, but give ‘em a try!!
CHOCOLATE ALMOND GRAPES by Chef Jason Jimenez
+ 1 lb Seedless Black or Red Grapes (rinsed and dried well)
+ 4 oz 60% Semi-Sweet Fair Trade Chocolate
+ 8 oz Shaved Almonds Toasted and Crushed
1. Toast almonds in a 300° F oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
2. Remove and let cool on tray. After they have cooled crush with hand.
3. Melt chocolate in double boiler.
4. Slowly add chocolate to grapes using a spatula until chocolate is evenly coated on grapes.
5. Roll chocolate coated grapes in crushed almonds until evenly coated.
6. Set on wax paper and place in refrigerator until chocolate becomes hardened.
Thanks to Jason for creating this yummy treat and sharing the recipe.
*Photos by Amber Wilburn Photography